BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goodbye 2013...Hello 2014

Well! What can I say, it's a new year. Okay, okay....so I'm about a day late on that statement. That's about how this year has been running so far, late and tiring. I wonder if that's just because I'm getting old. Heh...just kidding.  I hope all of you had a nice end of the year and an even better beginning of one. As we always hope, that this year is better then the last.

I always say that I'm going to make the most of everything and have a good time and have fun. Never quite seems to turn out that way. Usually I get overloaded with things to do or when I do have time I'm wanting to vege out and relax. I have my work cut out for me come spring though. Sgt. Tank (my horse) is in serious need of training and he's going to get a reality check once the whether gets nice. Right now though, I am doing the lazy man's training.....building a bond/relationship with my horse. (yes, I made that term up "Lazy man's training") It takes me back to when I was first finishing off training my horse Bud. When I got him he knew "stop" and "go"....that was it. Oh yeah...and not to buck me off....but he still did occasionally. Tank knows absolutely nothing, he has no experience with things you would think he should and then he surprises me by being completely fine with others. >.> 
That's life for ya. My father's horse passed away two weeks ago, that was hard. Tank bonded with him really quick and is still mourning him. Whoever says animals don't feel, is ignorant. Tank, became quite the escape artist after Maverick passed away. Kept slipping under the electric fence and getting in the yard. Thank heavens he never got out on the highway, have had that happen before. Yah willing we'll be getting him a companion soon.

On to other news. My work is going pretty good. Same ol' same ol' I guess. I got bit pretty bad on the back a couple weeks back by one of the horses there. My boss hasn't allowed me in the stall since, NOT that I'm complaining. The horse has serious malicious tendencies. I'm just glad it was a bite (which still hurt!) and not a kick...he's a huuuge horse...could have easily sent me to the hospital. My boss just finished out the end of the year with a great show. Her prize horse has won a lot and is a star at almost all the shows around the US. I must say I am glad for her to be having a break before she gets back to showing =P Makes my job easier when she's home. It was a very sad beginning of the year. Yesterday at work, My bosses niece...her dog was hit by a car and killed while I was there. I felt so bad, having been there...I know the feeling of losing a beloved animal. He was a stray dog that showed up last year and the niece took him in. Sometimes almost like losing a person, to some people. I don't believe some people though. How can you hit an animal and just keeping going?? I'm obviously meaning like dogs and cats...not squirrels, although that is sad too. Are people just so desensitized that they don't care? What if it was their animal? I guarantee that would be distraught over that happening. So why can't we think about others?

Alright, I'm done with my rant. Recently I've been slacking on all my artsy stuff.  Haven't drawn or painted...I guess I did write a poem...but still not like normal. I have too many hobbies!! See, most people have 1 or 2 hobbies that they can devote their time to. Oh NO!...me...I have too many to count. I guess that is the ADD in me. I can't keep my attention on one thing for long. I have to keep moving and learning new things or I get bored. Maybe by the time I'm 80 I might have learned one language, mastered painting. Published a few books and finally gotten 1 client for ESMT. LOL Pitiful....I know.
This year!....I will change it this year. I will try and make a better year and actually accomplish a task.


......Or not


 ^_^



Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment