Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lights


These passions grow with the days.
They tell me reach out.
Reach out and grab those dreams.

Strewn across the heavens.
Millions of dreams float by.
How can I not listen.

Not all my own.
I’m told to put mine aside.
My passions are to wait.

So many to aid.
So many broken hearts and dreams.
Shattered pieces left on the floor.

This light has come my way.
Being dimmed by sorrow.
So much heartache.

I’ll help you rebuild.
Share with you my love.
My arms are outstretched.

Another light follows after.
Too many thoughts.
So full and cluttered.

Taking your hand in mine.
We’ll make anew.
Paint a picture tall and bright.

You happened upon me.
This fragile light.
Sweet and timid without a fight.

Always there to listen when needed.
My heart cries with you.
We’ll build this tower strong.

My light is starting to fade.
The light getting lower and lower.
What can one do?

Who will aid?
Who will make anew?
Rebuild from rubble?

The light is flickering.
So close to blowing out.
Who will save me now?

They come swiftly and true.
Making all anew.
These lights are there to save.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

1 comment: