Monday, June 28, 2010

My Closet



So every once in a blue moon I get this grand idea that its about time to clean my closet. Today was that blue moon for me. I get home from work, tired as all get out and all I want to do at that moment is crash on my sweet loving bed and not say 'hello' to a living soul for days. What do I do instead?
I crash on my sweet loving bed for 2 seconds before I hear my name being called. After being called I decided to start working on my closet which, I kid you not, looks like a bunch of hooligans or maybe even Thing 1 and Thing 2 set a bomb off in my closet. This often happens inside my closet, its really not my fault, it just falls apart on its own. So maybe I help it along in the destroying aspect a little bit, but only just a little.
I find that when I clean my closet I find things I have not seen in years. Then again I suppose that is what happens when you don't clean in there very often. Today I found a children story I had written years ago among a bunch of junk paper. I love it when you completely forgot you had something and then find it and its like rediscovering it all over again. There can be no simpler joy then that.
I also find that after cleaning and reorganizing my closet brings a sense of order and relief to me. The only downfall to cleaning my closet, is that those wicked, horrible, mischievous, pesky, annoying, obnoxious and bratty hooligans will destroy my closet while I sleep in my sweet loving bed. Unaware to the chaos that goes on in my closet that happens to be their portal to this world.
It might sound crazy and far fetched, but I warn you. When you hear of kids being afraid of those scary monsters in the closet. You can be sure they are the same pesky monsters that are also tearing up my closet as well.

4 comments:

  1. Lol, excuses, excuses... I love the cartoon =P

    -Zachary
    zacharybrunomusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Most of my stuff is in my room, not the closet. ;-) I need my own room. lol


    ~Chovash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of my childhood. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cartoon is hilarious!!! I've got to agree. I feel much more at ease with an organized closet...

    ReplyDelete