Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pears, Oh my




Pears, pears and more pears. I don’t know if I have ever seen such an abundance of pears in my entire life, I kid you not. My family and I had the blessing of harvesting a neighbor of ours pears off their property. There was a total of 4 trees and all of them were loaded to the brim with pears.
My father decided it was best to go ahead and harvest them all at one time, which made sense because we were headed out of town and they would have gone bad by the time we returned. In two hours, my brother, my father and I all picked pears. By the time that we had finished picking them all it had only taken us around 2 hours. When we realized that each bag weighed roughly around 50lbs each. We found that we now had about 1300lbs of pears. Crazy—No? I rather think it was an obscene amount of pears to be processed.
Then came the lovely task of processing 1300lbs of pears. Sure, I dreaded having to process that many pears, still do, but on the bright side of life, I would cheer myself up with thinking each day how much less work was for the next day. Did this always work? I would love to tell you I am always the optimist in life, which I usually am, but I am afraid to inform you all, I have found that pears make me a pessimist. I know, gasp, shake your head in horror, throw a fit, however you react to this news. All I can say to ease your response is, “I will be better soon.” Hopefully in the event of brighter days ahead that come with the recess of every pear, I will return to my usual self.
Wherever, whenever, however you come to find yourself in life thinking, “I wish I had some pear sauce.” or perhaps, “Pear halves sound wonderful right now.” All you have to do is call us up and we will send you as many as you want, just call 1-800-EAT-PEAR. I promise you or your money back guaranteed, that the costumer service will be as optimistic as me.
I find it safe to say that when life gets you down, eat a pear. It may not make you feel better, but at least you’ll have saved the world from one more pear invasion. So when you go to the store, you see a pear sale, buy some and think of me. Think of how you have made me so happy that I cannot even express it in words.
I pray you all have a wonderful week, find happiness, find love, find pears. In finding happiness I pray you find love and in finding love I pray you find it in you to rid the world of pears.

4 comments:

  1. I really can call 1-800-EAT-PEAR? How much per bucket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... Are we a bit frustated sis? :)
    Oh, and I will be praying every night that there won't be a pear invation, but just in case there is I better practice my alarm cry... uhum... THE PEARS ARE COMING, THE PEARS AE COMING!
    Man, I really hope that they can't fly, that would really stink. *shivers in fear*

    ReplyDelete