Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Smile, My Catastrophe

There, a sparkle of a smile.
Reaches the corner of your eyes.
Here, a glint of ultimate happiness.
My heart sighs with contentment.

There, in the depths of your deepest thoughts.
I see how you can't help but be distracted.
Here, in my every thought.
You've made your way to stay.

There, low lights etch every inch of your features.
Just as you lean in to hear my every word.
Here, sitting too far away.
I can't help but smile.

There, you made me melt with that very look.
You know how to get to me.
Here, is where I'd love to stay.
You don't have to go.

There is nowhere for us to go.
We're happily trapped in time.
Here, is where I want to stay.
Right here in your arms.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful poem! Great job of capturing a moment in time. :-)

    ReplyDelete