Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lost to the World of Nights Song


I sigh in the frosty air of night.
White air spread through the dark.
Glancing back at the flickering lights.
Sounds making their way from the house.
Receding farther from their world.

The night calls me like a friend.
Beckoning me further.
Yet closer to its wild.
Untamed and untouched world.
Of fireflies and night owls.
Singing the song of the night.

The lights bounce off dew.
Covering over the grass.
Makes me think of crystals in the sun.
As I walk through its waves.
Drenching my hem and feet.

I am stripped in their sight.
No longer am I human.
I am apart of this night.
All vanities are taken away.
Being accepted of them as one might.

Weaving a soft whisper.
Afraid to break such beautiful silence.
I begin to sing the song of the night.
Here sitting upon this fallen tree.
I sing to the wild and untamed wood.

Minutes made into hours.
Lost in the life of the night.
I have lost track of time.
Light brims the horizon.
As I sigh in wistfulness.

My dew stained feet take me back.
Back to where I'm from.
Leaving me with sweet thoughts.
Of a night not long going to be forgot.
Singing the song of the night


Copyright 2011 Lauren Hall ©

7 comments:

  1. Very nice poem...I thought the imagery in this one was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very nice imagery. Why I love haiku poems so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Lau...an imagery gift you have blessed us with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah yeah that’s all fine and dandy until you hear something go "rawr" JK I thought it was very good and I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this I can't help but sing.... Twubilke, twubikle lubittle stubar... hubow ubi wubonder whubat yubou ubare.... hehehe. Yeah, sorry just had to say it. For the ppl that don't get it, it's ok you are "spubared" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HubAHuba!!! Grubeat Ubonube =P

    ReplyDelete