Sunday, November 7, 2010

The attributes of love


I never was one gifted with being patient.

Will power over mind kept me kind.

Love always seemed to keep out the envy.

You tend to find it easy to boast.

All stubbornness so easily turned into pride.

The constant battle against being rude.

Days turn into years of self-seeking.

Of the uninterrupted schemes and anger.

My troubles remind me of all my wrongs.

Life is a reminder to let go and rejoice in truth.

Forever is a simple task when there’s someone to protect.

In time I will find it easier to learn to trust.

My sorrows fade with tears and turns into hope.

Hearts are renewed each day that he preserves.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

5 comments:

  1. Some very interesting perspectives on the attributes of love. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as if you wrote this poem about me... Weird but still cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Aleh. Just Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like a poem within a poem. Weird? ;)
    ~Ruby

    ReplyDelete