Friday, February 22, 2013

Catacomb Deep

Two times the seas inside.
Yet I can't ask myself why.
These dreams torment my sleep.
Allowing these catacombs deep.

How oft then not I drift.
In and out of this wandering thought.
Searching for something I'll never know.
Leaving behind these catacombs deep.

Onward these hearts march.
Pierced with the understanding.
How waves wash away the past.
Hiding all of the catacombs deep.

These pressures haunt my day.
Never knowing when to look in.
Instead I find myself trapped.
Tossing and turning in these catacombs deep.

Waiting for an inkling of sound.
To wade through the rift.
Hoping for a light to shine.
Reaching the corners of this catacomb deep.

I say, "Alas" to my unbent heart.
Alas! I seek to break upon.
These soaked sea salt rocks.
Make way for my catacomb deep.

Yet here I sit alone in such.
A state of comatose lack.
Staring at this picture on the wall.
Staring inside my catacomb deep.



Copyright 2013 Lauren Hall ©


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, but I'm not sure I get it. :-) Maybe a couple more reads will get there.

    ReplyDelete