Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Blessings of Life

I find as the dust settles.
On that winding back road.
With the rustling of a herd.
Life doesn't get better then this.

I find as the sun wakes the day.
Brimming the vacant horizon.
As color burst through the sky.
Beauty cannot compare to this.

I find as the heat of the day peeks.
Sweat breaking the brow.
Muscles strained from use.
Nothing beats a hard days work.

I find the satisfaction of growing.
Tilling and breaking up the soil.
There ain't nothing can come close.
Reaping in the fruits of your own labor.

I find as the sun sinks in the sky.
As the cool evening covers the heat.
Sitting on a porch drinking tea.
I can appreciate my family a lil' more.

I find the laughter of children.
The talk of the older and wiser.
As you smile at your loved ones.
You lack nothing in life.

I find as I lay down in bed.
Before I can find sleep.
I pray for Yah to grant me another day.
To appreciate the blessing of life.



Copyright 2013 Lauren Hall ©


1 comment: