Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Reality has Escaped

It comes in the night.
Like a thief through the window.
To steal my rights.
My right to speak thus.

I stare in horror.
As it stares me in the eye.
Cold shock gripping.
Ahold of my entire body.

I lack the ambition to move.
The will to speak.
Where has my voice gone.
It starts to sink in.

The ability of motion.
Has escaped my being.
The power to think.
Has fled away from me.

I go on staring.
Blankly at a white.
Mixed with a myriad.
Of fellow colors.

A voice wills me back.
Nudging at the corners.
Of the recently shut off.
Workings of my consciousness.

I remember to breathe.
One deep inhale after another.
I remember to think.
Motion now returned.

I can now see clearly.
What is before me.
As I see the words.
Reality has returned.

Copyright 2013 Lauren Hall ©

No comments:

Post a Comment