Sunday, May 13, 2018

A letter to Mother

There's a moment in time where I stop.
Stop to think about the amazing things.
Those things that you did for me.
To make me into the person I am today.

There's isn't enough "I love you's".
Not enough to fully express myself.
To thank you for being there for me,
But here's another one just in case.

I love you for being my confidant.
I love you for listening when I needed it.
I love you for the silence when I need it.
I will always love you to the moon and back.

I know I don't always say it out loud.
I hope I at least express it through action.
There isn't a mother more deserving of that love.
Perhaps I'm just a little biased, because you're mine.

You're the mother who gave me knowledge.
You're the mother who gave me the drive to succeed.
You're the mother that helped me through everything.
Thank you for being my mother.

If there was a medal for mother of the century.
I would give that award to you.
Again I know I'm being slightly biased,
But anyone who says different, Well...

Thank you for being my support.
Thank you for being patient,
At least most of the time.
And thank you for laughing at that.

I may not always buy you flowers,
Because you feel they're a waste.
I hope you know I think about getting you them.
At least the thought counts for something.

This poem could go on and on.
About what an awesome mother you are.
Let me end it here and merely say.
I love you forever and always.


Copyright 2018 Lauren Hall ©

No comments:

Post a Comment