Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lamp, by my side


A crack in heavens door splits.
Outpouring her strength and torment.
Horses thunder out of the clouds.
Heavens angry flashes have lit the sky.

Tonight I stay along in quaking fear.
Lights flicker in and out.
My constant companion by my side.
Steady and dependable, my night lamp shade.

I am not here tonight.
Thinking better of days afore.
Trees sway with me in the wind.
The softness of grass my loving shoes.

Heavens anger brings me back.
A jolt of fear leaves me quivering.
Where is my most comforting friend.
My dearest, reliable friend by my side.

Terror is not with me long.
Quickly finding my reprieve.
Thinking of summers in Venice.
Luscious fruit my daily treat.

Seeing beyond what is before me.
Beautiful, vibrant light upon my skin.
Drinking in the heat of summer days.
To happily stay like this forever.

Thundering horses are at my door.
I have been broken out of my reverie.
Loudest, their crashes strike the air.
Louder yet, they destroyed my peace.

Shrouded by shadows in the dark.
Lamp, share your light with me.
Shade not for a moments time.
Give me your strength amongst this fear.

Silence has broken sound.
Angry, flashing strikes no more.
Horses have thundered from this place to the next.
As I sit alone, my loving friend and lamp, by my side.



Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

1 comment: