Monday, August 9, 2010

Fiction


Shifting in and out of awareness.
Constant chaos my companion.
Having long ago found my escape.
Drifting away from the present.

Where are my allies?
Why do arrows strike the ground?
Reality is a haven for the misconceived.
Fiction being hell for the common.

Not like you or I.
We find solace in vibrancy.
Not like you or I.
Who find joy in the unusual.

Enemies are my closest friends.
Watching my back.
Waiting for the opportune moment.
To use their polished dagger.

Think not that I am innocent.
I see all that is not heard.
I hear all that is not seen.
Think not that I do not know.

Non-fiction has become a horror.
Where to escape?
There is no door in view.
Where to run from beautiful villains?

Woe, to this misconstrued world.
Fear is their comfort.
Holding tightly to it.
Never to release their pacifier.

Who are you who think to trick such as I?
Your target is not so easy.
You will soon find.
This fiction is very real.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

3 comments: