Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Pie for Dad

My mother rediscovered a mini pie making set that we had bought quite awhile ago. So I decided I was going to make a pie this evening. Mom mentioned I should try making a Lemon Meringue Pie, so...I looked up a recipe. Now mind you, I have never made a lemon meringue pie before. My great grandma use to make them all the time and they were amazing pies. Of course, anything my great grandma made tasted amazing, she was a natural in the kitchen. So off I started making the lemon meringue pie, specifically for my dad, since he was the one that absolutely loved my grandma's lemon squares and lemon meringue. I learned some knew things that I had never done before while in the process. I came to find out, I had no idea how long it took to get a meringue perfect.

So here is the results, let me know what you think. ^_^ I pray they taste good.






3 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I want one!!! You are an amazing cook sis, your great grandmother would be proud. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember her lemon squares they were amazing and OMG Lolo I LOVE Your Lemon Meringue pies, so cute I want to try to make them now :) yummy nice treat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want pie...
    Thanks a lot Lobo, you made me discontent. I hope your happy- actually I hope you feel guilty for what you've done. You're causing hunger with this post. Now I'm leaving so I can go sit in a corner so I can feel sorry for myself because I have no pie. Errrgh!

    ReplyDelete