Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Words Spoken

Words.
They're only words.
Why won't they come out?
Instead, they're stuck inside.

I've chocked back so many.
They won't let me speak.
I can't speak about my emotions.
They're permanently silenced.

I'm suffocating every day.
I can talk about you.
I can talk for you.
Yet I can't speak for myself.

You hear me speak.
Enough to know I'm well.
Well enough to live.
Living isn't just breathing.

Living is communicating.
Why can I not convey this?
Yet you continue to talk.
I continue to listen.

I stifle my pain.
I choke back my turmoil.
Not being heard.
Is slowly killing me inside.

I started this long ago.
Shoving my feelings aside.
Keeping them locked away.
Not letting anyone see me.

Will I continue to be smothered?
I don't know if you hear me.
Can you see I'm in pain?
As I sit hear and listen.


Copyright 2020 Lauren Hall ©

No comments:

Post a Comment