Sunday, January 10, 2010

If I, would you

If I climbed the highest mountain,
To see creation better.

Would you do the same?

If I crossed over oceans,
For the sake of adventure.

Would you come as well?

If I laughed hysterically,
At the stupidest of jokes.

Would you laugh too?

If I became withdrawn,
Thoughtful and quiet.

Would you sit beside me in silence?

If I cried a river,
At the drop of a hat.

Would you question or comfort?

Teardrops fall from saddened skies.
Laughter rumbles from the earth’s belly.
I can’t help but be awed.
By your loving, endearing nature.

If I were to leap off a bridge,
Slicing through the cool water below.

Would you tell me I’m crazy?

If I stood outside in the rain,
Just to feel it on my face.

Would you tell me I have no sense?

If I were to fall on my face,
And then laugh at myself.

Would you look at me with shock?

If I crinkle my nose,
At the smell of cilantro.

Would you look at me and say, “Your weird.”?

If I ask to help you,
Solve a problem.

Would you accept it?

Teardrops fall from saddened skies.
Laughter rumbles from the earth’s belly.
I can’t help but be awed.
By your quiet, and thoughtful nature.

If I told you I wasn’t ready,
For a more serious friendship.

Would you nod and say, “Ok.”?

If I wanted to take a drive,
Just to feel the wind.

Would you comply and ride along?

If I told you,
That you make me feel special.

Would you keep making me feel special?

If I had a problem,
That I was struggling with.

Would you help me pull through?

If my heart stopped,
Without you.

Would you…

Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

4 comments:

  1. hello, every single word is worth to feel especially ,if i say you make me feel especial will you you keep making me feel especial ,it is a painful fact that if we want to know our friend really we should just let them know our weakness and next day their behavior show us the reality ,god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. very reflective sis, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, i read it again so beautiful voice of loving innocent heart keep up the amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sister, I'm not a poet but I love meaningful poetry very much. I appreciate these beautiful words in your poem.
    Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete