Friday, April 16, 2010

The Night


Crystals light the sky.
As we watch the moon rise.
Fireflies waft in and out.
Like the fog through the garden.

Take me dancing this night.
Laughing as the crickets sing.
Lost in our own world.
Far from sight and sound.

The moon lights our path.
She guides our every step.
Alone in our own fantasy.
Let us not forget this night.

Watch the waltz of night.
Mesmerized by the beauty.
Keep me smiling.
While you have me for this short time.

As I close my eyes.
Lead me through the dark.
As I hold your hand.
Let me trust you whole.

Two hearts beating as one.
Let the world pass us by.
Forget everything but the moment.
This moment will live forever.

Take the lead.
I will follow.
Take us on an adventure.
I’ll be right beside you.

No more clocks.
No way to tell us time.
We are here forever.
Forever needs none to tell time.

We are no longer separate entities.
Being merged as one.
Dancing only for ourselves.
We’ve been captured by the night.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

1 comment:

  1. You always paint such vivid pictures with your words. As always, very nice! Yah bless!

    ReplyDelete