Thursday, November 18, 2010

Better place of dreams


Luminescence trickles through curtains.
Contently bathing in warmth.
Satisfied to laze the entire day away.
Curled up in a corner like a cat.

Finding its reliable source.
I am compelled to move.
Outer doors I find myself.
Basked in utmost contentment.

Finding my way to the hallowed meadow.
Far from bustling people.
Further still from chaotic lives.
I find the fountain of peace.

No sound but that of nature.
True, heavenly, Yah given nature.
Just me and them.
Lost in sing song birds and crickets.

Sprawled out in waist high grass.
Not to be broken of my reverie.
Watching as clouds float on by.
Drifting off to the lull of the soft wind.

Dreaming of nothing better.
Instead I find no happier place.
Nothing can compare.
Bringing me back to the present.

I climb lazily to my feet.
Make my way back inside.
Find my original place.
Waiting to fall asleep.

Luminescence slowly crawls to me.
Lounging comfortably on my lap.
Lulling me back to sleep
To dream of a better place.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

1 comment: