Thursday, December 23, 2010

Drifting Love

You sing me a lullaby of old.
Teach me of history past.
A history so familiar to me.
I've drifted off to this lullaby before.
Tease my mind with memories.
Of another lifetime ago.
Encircled in your warming arms.
I close my eyes and drift.
Breathing in contentment like air.
You've stopped time for me.
Every word lulling me asleep.
Being lulled into dreaming.
Fighting to stay just awhile longer.
Just to hear your loving voice.
I've fallen all over again.
Everything said in a simple lullaby.
Capturing every moment in time.
I'm lost in this drawn out tale.
A tale of love and hope.
I drift through it in all haziness.
Bringing on this dream state.
The hum reaches my ears.
Can't help but hum my own lullaby.
Such a simple thing.
Brings such happiness.
Brings such joy.
Just to hear the beat of your heart.
I've drifted in love.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

2 comments:

  1. The title makes you think it's going to be something sad, but then it's all very pleasant. :) Very nice.

    ReplyDelete