Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Moving on My Friend

A glance then a look.
It soon turns into a smile.
Hiding behind pretenses.
Too shy to take the first step.

Unexpected circumstances trip us.
Colliding in all embarrassment.
A soft spoken murmur is caught.
Caught on straining ears.

Seemingly perfect from the start.
Everything clicked together.
Happily in our own world.
A friendship was formed.

Now forgotten of previous embarrassments.
Conversations seemingly endless.
Nothing could part.
So I thought.

Little by little I realized.
Thoughts slowly forming inside.
Doubt quickly flooding in.
You were my friend.

I was happy.
I was free to be me.
I loved you for who you were.
I couldn’t believe.

It was true I came to find.
I was no more then a tool.
An object to be used.
To further gain your aspirations.

Tears streaming down my face.
I struggled with hurt.
Disbelief over such cruelty.
How could I be used?

Broken from within me.
Breaking me of my trust.
How was I ever to trust another?
After being used as such.

I am worn.
I am weary.
I will be strong.
I will move on.

Though times moves on.
I found my despair seep away.
Light found its way back in.
Along with a true friend.

I have found trust is not so hard.
Finding laughter so much easier.
I have found joy once more.
With it came love.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

4 comments:

  1. Very good, very true, and very insightful. Quite well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a song and it is a very strong piece. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excellent friend (: I really will have to write a poem to go with this.

    ReplyDelete