Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's begun, Fair Sleeper

I told them once of a drawn out tale.
Swore to only tell it once.
They would not leave me alone.
Those pesky, annoying little ones.
I told it in such atrocious light.
I thought to scare them of its woes.
Its longish claws and snappish jowls.
Were sure to frighten any a person.

I drew them into the tale.
By now they are on edge.
Fear close behind innocent eyes.
Gripping the edge of each their seat.
Sure to fall off their chair any moment.
All the sudden--CLAP!
They all go tumbling back.

You know how they say, "crazy".
You know they say it in jest.
You know we couldn't laugh.
You know its a true tale.
A tale written by another.

This Tale


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

3 comments:

  1. It seems so familiar, but I can't quite place it...
    I suppose I'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY REALLY GOOD.

    ReplyDelete