Friday, October 29, 2010

Oh dear, there goes time


There it is again.
The ringing inside my head.
Feeling as if the world has stopped.
Like a top run out of time.

Off In a distant nowhere.
I hear the calling of few.
Their voices as faint as rain.
Comforting yet eerie.

Time is no where in sight.
Lost in a far off trance.
Gone to a distant place.
No longer kept encased.

Finding our escape.
Drifting away to somewhere.
Losing track of time and space.
Clocks are not of this future.

I kept your picture.
Stored away safely.
Deep down in a pocket.
Tucked away for safe keeping.

In and out of consciousness.
Where is my loving clock?
I fear I dropped it long ago.
Oh dear, I lost her yet again.

Cracked is her window in time.
Broken is her inner workings.
She has stopped working.
Time has stopped working.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

2 comments:

  1. It seems like after last sukkot, time flew and I felt like sukkot happened so fast in my memory yet so slow when I was there....I'm only starting to remember some of the things I've done over there. Time is a strange thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool. I love it Aleh. (((ALEH))

    ReplyDelete