Monday, January 17, 2011

Say Beautiful


You say how you want to change.
Your hair, the way it falls.
You say you’re not perfect.
Looking at you now, one could never tell.

I hear the million uncertainties.
You ask how others could find you beautiful.
I see the doubt cross those lovely features.
Wondering where these thoughts come from.

You say this is not what you want.
All I see is someone beautiful with self skepticism.
All you want to do is change.
Why can’t my words reach out to you?

You are beautiful the way you are.
No need to change a thing.
Believe in yourself, break free.
Flee all those inner doubts.

Taken are the words slowly.
Uncertainty starts to slip away.
Finding inner beauty more important.
Radiance reaches that lovely smile.

Found is the mirror right in front of you.
The one that’s been telling you all along.
Now you see.
What I’ve been telling for so long.


Copyright 2011 Lauren Hall ©

3 comments: