Monday, January 10, 2011

Tourniquet Memories


You reach out to me like a painting thick.
Losing me in the infinite struggle against time.
Winners becoming what they fought against.
Till the shadows swallow us whole.

Dark blue like the sky behind this.
This ever growing awareness so gray.
Losing to the inner pain lost inside.
You cry out for what you do not know.

I sing time like a forgotten hymn.
Lovely being the times now gone.
Beating hearts like the rush of a thousand birds.
Hands outstretched in eager awaiting.

Lulls in memories like a broken record.
Taking down memories like old billboards.
I'll fight to my very last breathe.
I'll fight to win back these memories.

They are yours and only yours.
Tourniquet the inner workings of your mind.
Kept like a well protected safe.
Tears over such agonizing loss.

Failing in attempt to bring back.
Losing the battle to win back this most precious cargo.
What more can be done?
What can be done to regain.

Flooding down my sorrow filled face.
I will give what I already own.
Giving what is already mine.
To replace what has been stolen of you.

Time will move on its way towards brighter days.
Lilies will grow on every pane.
Light will flood into every house.
You will be full once more.


Copyright 2011 Lauren Hall ©

3 comments: