Saturday, February 5, 2011

This Night, Not Long Forgot


Brilliant array of lights caught the evening dusk.
Shock waves spiral into outer limits.
Taking on a torrent of unexpected awareness.
An evening now caught by a visionary.

A night so bright it is as if the sun.
Stood alone in the sky now lit.
Preparing a day ready for the next attempt.
To live a life now full of truths.

Stars fade around the luminescence.
Speaking out like a million voices who whisper.
Secrets to one alone who will listen.
Hanging on to their every spoken word.

One night that cannot be forgotten.
Comparing to other nights unquestionably.
Waiting in eager arrival of the unknown.
For what comes next will start a lifetime.

Like the snow that does not fall.
Sparkles these tiny radiant lights of hope.
Seeing into the inner soul of this.
A universe untouched by mired hands.

No hate can come to mind while staring at such.
Beauty like none can ever retell.
What animosity can come from such.
This is creation like no man can make.

Find me here amongst lilies bloomed.
Lying upon lush grass, star gazing.
Truths abound upon this night.
While I lie here, eyes wide open.


Copyright 2011 Lauren Hall ©

4 comments:

  1. It's really hard to say this without thinking it through completely...but this may be my favorite poem of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be wrong, but I would say it's a stary sky..? :P hehe
    Very good as always. I haven't been able to do any star gazing for awhile, but your poem helped me remember what I've been missing.
    Hope to talk to you soon, sis.

    ReplyDelete