Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Time is My Teacher

I've heard said by few,
Let go, it'll come back.
How unfair those words seem,
When they lie to you and me.

Life once already lived,
Is forever etched in past.
No more can the trees,
Bloom once blooms are gone.

Tell me again this fate,
You say we all will share.
This fate seems to escape,
The likes such as I.

Time is a thief and crook,
I've thought over and over again.
Stealing life and love and laughter,
Snatching it away before I even begin.

Although I am losing now,
The time ought better spent.
I stopped here to share,
These passing memories of mine.

I might have lost to time,
But I still have more left.
How careless of me in past,
To waste on creatures such as;

Vain spectacles of human form,
Seeking naught but frivolous acts.
Self absorbed, Self seeking, Selfish,
Are these creatures of common form.

I refuse to be led in such,
Common display of array.
The insanity some call beauty,
Merely flaunts but a shell.

Time is being spent wastefully,
Cast aside on a whim.
 No thought given to why,
This shell is slowly dimming.

Time is no thief and crook,
Carelessly taking from me.
Time is my quiet teacher,
Telling me to learn;

Learn from whats happened,
Step beyond the history.
I will no longer waste,
The gift time has offered.

Time has offered itself,
To learn from past mistakes.
Reach beyond what has been,
Look forward to what can be.



Copyright 2017 Lauren Hall ©

No comments:

Post a Comment