Saturday, February 28, 2009

Freedom

Tonight I'll put off this frown.
As the clock strikes midnight.
I'll pull off this mask of mine.
I'll shed this costume for the very first time.

All past mistakes have been forgotten.
Among these clover fields.
I'll show the world.
Who I truly am.

I think of nothing else but of the coming hours.
For a little while.
I shall be free.
To fly over all the meadows.

The smell of truth fills my senses.
I watch as a fox plays with a mouse.
As a lion slowly lies down with a lamb.
I am compelled to dance yet again.

This night I sing for joy.
For the freedom I finally feel.
I have never felt something so real.
For the first time I feel at peace.

All tears have been washed away.
All regrets left behind.
I finally know who I am,
And I smile at all that is.

I hear the word being spoken.
I hear the thunder of a thousand hooves.
As the clouds give way.
I see a whole new earth.

The light of dawn has come back,
And my mask shall never be found.



Copyright 2009 Lauren Hall ©

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a wonderful poem wich is inviting us to seek natural beauty hidden under unnatural masks.

    ReplyDelete