Thursday, September 3, 2009

Given the chance

Dark blue hazel eyes.
So easy to hide behind.
Gold mixed with brown is the hair that is wound up tight.
A face that belies very few emotions.
So easy to suppress the feelings that rise.

Give a chance to glance.
One would easily pass over.
Although my eyes miss none.
My heart sinks at that cursory glance.

Given the chance to dance.
One would easily pass.
Turning to one more bright.
To one more suited.

So easily forgotten.
So easily left behind.
No one would give they’re time.
To a face such as mine.

Here in this room.
I feel more alone then when alone.
Here in this room.
I feel neither rejected nor accepted.

Wondering why I am here.
Why my feet are not moving.
Moving away from this place.
Where I feel nothing.


Copyright 2009 Lauren Hall ©

Instead I wait.
Why I wait, I do not know.
I wait for something, someone.
I wait for someone to notice

No comments:

Post a Comment