Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clockwork



Ticking clocks fill my head.
As the hand reaches its destination.
I feel the vibrato in my mind.
Bringing me back to the present.

A single sound slicing through silence.
It makes me morph my mind.
Taking on a torrent of tasks better left undone.
Leaving behind bittersweet thoughts bit by bit.

The constant sound of ticking.
Makes my mind writhe in pain.
The consistent sound of clicking.
Refuses my brain to release its memories.

What is left but to run away?
Where is my other avenues?
What more can I do but to block it out?
These are my options.

Who is to tell time?
If time were to eventually stop.
Would these shards stop piercing?
Extracting what they were set out to find.

They are taken back with a flood.
Extracting something that was not expected.
Using all efforts to shut the gate.
All strength is called on from within.

As the flood recedes away.
I hear the faint ticking.
No longer do I fear the sound.
The memories slowly escape to the back of my mind.


Copyright 2009 Lauren Hall ©

No comments:

Post a Comment