Friday, March 26, 2010

The Battle



In the silence they keep the edge of sound.
In the dimness they work constantly.

Fighting to keep their right.
Never once do they back down.

Battles follow them unyielding.
Not to cease till the sun reaches the water.

Keep me hidden away.
Safe from the terrors that surround.

Light the way through the darkness.
Walk beside me so I do not feel alone.

Amongst the heaviest battle.
Flying immediately to my cry.

Wings beating faster then wind.
Beating wings bring them closer.

Shrills fill the air around.
Shadows fade off the ground.

Darkness settles around my feet.
The air becoming tense.

Feeling as though I have been touched.
Being drug into this unending battle.

Not my fight to fight.
Not my battle to win.

Tears prickle at the corners.
Terror rising like bile at the back of my throat.

Amidst these million thoughts.
You are there beside me.

In the midst of the strongest storm.
Peace finds its way through.

I can fight your fight.
I can win your battle.

Dash to pieces these terrors of the night.
Let us stand together forevermore.


Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is beautifully written. I loved it all the way to the end...:)

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete