Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Me and horses

When it comes to horses, I have been infatuated with them since I was a little girl. Most girls grow out of they're childhood dreams and find new ones.
Me? No, that never happened to me. Where most of my friends moved with they're lives and left behind they're love of horses. I held on to it with a passion and fierceness I would never let go of.
Without horses I honestly couldn't tell you who I'd be. One thing is for sure, I would not be the same person writing this now.
When we first moved out to the country about 15 years ago. We did not own any horses of our own, so we boarded for a neighbor of ours. She had two mares and they're foals. I ended falling in love with one and imprinted her. Not long after she took her horses back and we bought some of our own.
My first horse was a POA (Pony of America). She was the most stubborn horse I had ever met. Later on she got bred (accidentally) and had her foal in our pasture where I trained my first horse ever (Yes the foal). Lyla was born when I was around ten. When I was 13 I started the training of Lyla. It was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't like the movies you see the cowboys getting thrown to the ground or anything. I went slow and easy and gained trust and then worked from there. By the time they trust me I can get on they're back with no problem.
As I got older I realized Lyla was getting too small for me. It was time for me to find a taller, bigger horse. My dad and I started looking around and by the time I found one I liked I traded Lyla and some of my own cash for my horse Bud.
I still own Bud as of now. He is the worlds best horse. Ok, ok, so maybe he isn't exactly a perfect horse, but HEY! I make up where he lacks right?! (^_^)
I got Bud around 6 years ago and we are thick as thieves. We are both extremely stubborn and are constantly making circles around each other. Despite it all, we love each other to pieces.

3 comments:

  1. that is amazing dear thanks for today 's post it is loveliest thing to have a horse my father in law own one and we had some great time and memories ,i wish i can have one my very own ,you are so lucky lovely post dear ,take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, I also love horse riding but there were no horses around me so I'm not brave enough even to stand near a horse.

    I have heard from my mother that our grandfather used to have a horse. I'm happy to see your love of horse riding.

    Sister I love horses for many reasons one of them is that I've read following words of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) about their benefits:

    Narrated Ursa bin ALGA


    The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Good will remain (as a permanent quality) in the foreheads of horses till the Day of Resurrection."

    [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice picture! Thank you for posting ;-) Hes HUGE. "we are thick as thieves. We are both extremely stubborn and are constantly making circles around each other." So funny :D

    ReplyDelete