Monday, February 8, 2010

Waiting on the world


Welcome back my old friend.
Come and join me just as times before.
Sit beside me while life moves forward.
Moving on till the light grows dim.

We are much the same.
You and I.
We both move sluggishly on.
As the world passes hurriedly by.

Sitting beside an old friend.
How much more comfort can be.
To watch seasons change all too quickly.
Silently listening to one another.

When will others learn?
Life is so very short.
Wasting time on idol things.
We should be enjoying even the smallest miracle.

Light fades behind a darkened curtain.
Obscuring sight of our brightest light.
Heavy fog wafts through the night.
Silence settles all around us.

It is said from those afore.
“A picture is worth a thousand words.”
What more must be said then naught.
To look upon such as we.

To know the depths of our hearts.
No longer needing words.
To speak even the most complex thought.
It already is hung between.

We are a peculiar lot.
Seeing all that goes unsaid.
Hearing all that is not seen.
We are just waiting on the world.

Copyright 2010 Lauren Hall ©

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That was amazing. Loved the picture. You write really well. Keep it up!

    Have a great day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such lovely words and feeling dear you painted the situations amazinglly it touched me deep in my heart ,some of the most beautiful poetry i ever red ,listening each other silentlly and enjoying the every single mircle ,each line has effect ,impressve god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister, I like your poems but I think your blog's template is not good it scrolls slowly it makes it difficult for me to share my views here.

    Thanks for the lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete